What are the Top New “Must-Haves” for Your Baby Registry?
The aisles in a store’s baby department seem to undergo changes every few years. Products for traveling, diapering, the nursery, and bathing do not look quite the same even from a few years ago.
Whether it has been a while since your first baby or you’re a new mom trying to put together your baby registry, what are some new “must-haves”? There are lots of great new products out there but here are some of our top picks for each category below.
– Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo: When Johnson and Johnson fell out of favor, it was replaced by Aveeno Baby. Now the new choice is Cetaphil Baby Wash & Shampoo. The tear-free, paraben-free, colorant-free, mineral oil-free and hypoallergenic formula has become a standard addition to baby registries. There are also lots of specialty baby bathing products that are especially gentle on a baby’s skin.
– Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling ‘n Seat Tub: This convertible bath center supports a baby through four stages of development starting with a soft mesh sling for newborns, then a “Baby Stopper” insert which prevents slipping and sliding, and then on to Sit-Me-Up support that aids unsteady sitters. The final stage is a roomy toddler tub that allows for splashing and playing while bathing. It also comes with a squeeze bottle and whale scoop for gentle rinsing, or playtime!
– Fridababy: Everything from the Fridababy line is a Must-Have! Our favorite new product is the Windi, which addresses gassy tummies. Shaped like a hollow tube, it safely and naturally relieves gas instantly and calms colic. Find these and other helpful Fridababy items in the Motherhood Center’s boutique.
– Ubbi Diaper Pail: Not only is this diaper pail made of steel with an airtight lid for maximum odor control, it allows you to use any standard trash bag, eliminating the need for specialty bags. The design is sleek and modern and even comes in different colors and patterns to match a nursery. The rubber seals and sliding lid minimizes odor, a very important feature for any diaper pail.
– Baby Shusher: Touted as the “sleep miracle” soother sound machine, this product uses a real human voice to lull your baby to sleep with a calming shush. You can use the 15 or 30-minute timer and adjust the volume control. Not only is it portable with an easy-to-use design, but it’s also wearable too! Strap it around your wrist using the removable wrist strap. This allows you to carry the baby while putting them to sleep, all while having the Shusher right there. It works on 2 AA batteries and is made from BPA-free material. Find this in the Motherhood Center boutique as well.
– Sleepea Swaddles: These 100% organic cotton swaddles are dubbed the world’s first “5-second swaddle” for its ease of use. It has a double zipper that can zip from top or bottom, an inner arm wraps with extra-quiet Velcro to keep baby securely swaddled, breathable mesh at shoulders and waist to reduce overheating, and an arm opening unsnap option for babies who prefer arms out. They really thought of everything! You can peruse our collection of Sleeper Swaddles at the Motherhood Center boutique.
– Nursing: The Motherhood Center carries nursing bras from Cake Maternity, Dairy Fairy, and Simple Wishes, just to name a few. Come see all the options we offer moms to make nursing easier and more comfortable. Special nursing tees from Belly Bandit are a Must-Have as well!
– Milkify: Mothers who pump breast milk and want an easier way to store their stash might want to consider a new breast milk powdering service. Drop off your pumped bags of breast milk at the Milkify Kiosk at the Motherhood Center, and receive your powdered breast milk in about a week. Make life easier for the new mom with this easy-to-store option for breast milk! It has a 3-year shelf life, and is transportable, and is convenient to use. Simply add warm purified water to make up a baby bottle.
– Nasal Aspirator: The Fridababy line includes the NoseFrida, a “snotsucker” that makes it easy to remove bothersome mucous from a baby’s nose through suction action. Built to be used with disposable filters to prevent the transfer of mucus or germs, the NoseFrida creates a seal with the outside of a baby’s nostril for gentle snotsucking. The blue nasal tube, red mouthpiece, and filter cap are all top-rack dishwasher safer, making sanitizing a breeze.
– Thermometer: Also from the Fridababy line is the Fridababy Quick Read Rectal Thermometer. Pediatricians recommend that for at least the first year of a baby’s life, temperature checks should be done rectally for the most accurate readings–this model will deliver a 10 second quick read. The rectal insertion stopper keeps the baby safe and the large display with a handy backlight makes nighttime temperature checks easier. BPA-free and latex-free, this water-resistant thermometer is easy to clean and comes with a carrying case for convenient storage.
Just for Moms!
– Momfrida: Not only does the Motherhood Center boutique carry Babyfrida products, but we offer Momfrida products as well. These are a Must-Have registry item just for moms. Ice maxi pads, upside-down peri bottles, and perineal healing foam are just a few of the postpartum care products from the Momfrida line. Give the gift of healing and comfort by including Momfrida products in your Baby Registry List.
– Gift Certificates: Don’t forget to add a few gift certificates for postpartum massages, mommy and baby yoga, or new parent classes to the baby registry. New moms need some pampering and a massage is just the thing to help relieve stress and get some much-needed rest. Check out all the other services that the Motherhood Center offers and give a new mom something she can really delight in!